These are amazing they are my go to recipe whenever I need to make something sweet for parties and celebrations. I don’t use as many maltesers as the recipe and they are still very yummy. Can’t believe how easy they are to make!
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp espresso powder (optional)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1 cup of maltesers
For the Icing: (Similar to Chocolate Mousse)
750 grams mascarpone
375 grams powder sugar
50 grams Cocoa powder
2-3 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 177°C. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
2. Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
3. Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
4. Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake, comes out clean.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
6. Frost cake with the Icing
The cake batter will be very thin after adding the boiling water. This is correct and results in the most delicious and moist chocolate cake I’ve ever tasted!😊